Saturday 15 October 2011

The Savill Garden

On a frankly grim, cloud-ridden day, a handful of gardeners tagged along with the Hidcote volunteers day trip to Savill Garden in Windsor (a short drive from the castle). The weather was depressing but the plants certainly were not, and an enjoyable day was had by all!


Cleome spinosa ‘Pink Queen’, interspersed with just enough V. bon to set the old pulse racing!

Achillea millefolium ‘Peggy Sue’ leading to Kniphofia uvaria ‘Maxima’

Delightfully soft hues in the Golden Jubilee Garden

Pleasing pot display with Guara ‘Rosy Hardy’ twinkling like fairy lights behind

Coreopsis rosea ‘Heaven’s Gate’ quite at home with Geranium ‘Patricia’

This chap is also quite suitable for the border

6 comments:

Pam's English Garden said...

Dear Bertie, What a lovely day out in spite of the rain. I love cleome. En masse it reminds me of a fireworks display. Happy Autumn! P.

Janet said...

Some lovely colour combinations this late in the season Bertie. Love the cleomes in particular. I find I have trouble getting them to the flowering stage. I haven't come across this garden before but will note some of their plantings for future reference. Lovely post.

NHGarden said...

Great pictures! The first one is an amazing combination!

Bertie Bainbridge said...

It was a beautiful place and I strongly recommend visiting there!

Bertie

Jordan Jackson said...

Cloudy days are best for garden photography. Your photos are excellent. I've never seen that Alchemilla before. I'm surprised to see the leaves so deeply lobed. And by the way, the twinkling background flowers are Gaura, not Guara.

Wife, Mother, Gardener said...

Wonderful shots, Bertie!

I think the coreopsis and woven with the geranium is strangely captivating given the rather common plants it uses. Just my thing!

I think the silver foliage in the middle of the Golden Jubilee Garden brings it to life.

Thanks for sharing again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...