Friday 8 April 2011

Narcissus ‘Mitzi’

Recently a friend and I visited the home of Sibylle Kreutzberger, a thoroughly pleasant lady who was employed by Vita Sackville-West as head gardener at Sissinghurst for 31 years. Her garden was genuinely stunning and contained a large array of incredible specimens, all of which were planted with an obvious flair. She had a number of spring bulbs on the go but this particular daffodil stood out for me and its name was duly scribbled away in the old notepad. Cheers Sibylle!

The delightful, Narcissus ‘Mitzi’


Another gem Sibylle was using, Olsynium douglasii


2 comments:

Jordan Jackson said...

I love the Narcissus. I have one similar called Jenny. Olsynium douglasii is native here in Washington. But I've never had the good fortune to see it in nature. What I really want to say is: What a very charming blog you have!

Bertie Bainbridge said...

Welcome along!

Bertie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...