Thursday 28 April 2011

Bee Inspection

Today I was inspecting the bees! This is always good fun as I get to poke around in the hive and see what they’ve been up to. Fortunately, they were in splendid form plus they’re storing well with some honey capped already. This dry, floriferous English spring has been perfect for the bees and I for one hope it continues! Although with perhaps a little bit more rain, but just a smidgen mind.

Photograph taken (from a safe distance!) by James, one of the other gardeners.

2 comments:

Diane at My Cottage Garden said...

Poking around in bees sounds, uh, interesting. LOL. I would be a safe distance away myself though!

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear your bee's are doign so well. Our little bee box is now full of what I think are Osmia Rufa nests. Can't wait to see them all appear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...